Family Day Center
- Delmar Algee, Catholic Community Services, Family Housing Network - DelmarA@ccsww.org
- Starting Monday – a new family day center at 5050 South Tacoma way.
- Funding from a few different sources
- Piloting a new day center – families can come in and shower, get essential needs, do laundry, eat.
- Currently 9am-4pm (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri) and Noon-6pm on Wednesdays.
- Will have access to on-demand coordinated Entry.
- Kelly – can we refer to families there right away for coordinated entry? Delmar – yes
- Al – can other organizations be located there? Delmar – that is in the works – we are working on getting some more space – taking over space currently used by a tenant.
- Question – just for families? Delmar – yes, those with a minor – one adult, one minor.
- Kelly – if we wanted to have someone down there from goodwill, a couple hours a week, who would we contact? Delmar – Alan Brown ( Alanb@ccsww.org ), Delmar (DelmarA@ccsww.org ), or Gerrit ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Maureen – do we plan to have more satellites around the County? Is there a plan to do that? Delmar – this is all new to us – we are revamping an existing overnight shelter into a new day shelter. (according to the book “Spy the Lie: Former CIA Officers Teach You How to Detect Deception”, that sort of a non-answer evasion may mean he’s trying conceal something. But they also say just one deception doesn’t a liar make. But it makes you curious, doesn’t it? Is Delmar up to something he doesn’t want us to know about? -ed.)
- Where is the funding from? City of Tacoma, we are looking for County fund, and the Jeff Bezos Day One Foundation.
- Question - Flyers? Delmar – not yet – that is something we will be doing. (that was a direct answer – so it is more probable he’s telling the truth. –ed)