SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery (SOAR) update
- SOAR is a process that trains case managers to apply for Social security benefits for their clients.
- First training cohort is today
- 30 people in pierce county are certified – but last SOAR application was made back in 2015.
- SOAR model allows folks to go to the top of the list to be processed.
- Contact Dawna to learn how to do this - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SOAR – 1st time applications average 28 months from first denial to appeal to finally getting benefits.
- With SOAR, 87% get accepted on first try and get funding within 100 days.
- Question - How long is the training? – approximately 20-25 hours on-line. Dawna does follow up to the training.
- Every Social Secutiy office region has someone that receives the SOAR applications
- With SOAR, often people get trained and don’t use the training.
- Meeting today at 1:30 on 1305 Tacoma Avenue – 3rd We have slots, want to make SOAR training work.
- SOAR trained case manager does work of the social security office – and it makes it all go faster.
- Dawna is tech support – anyone can get trained for free.