City of Tacoma Artist in Residence Program
- Roni Alexander – 512-960-9194 - email@example.com
- These meetings are very inspiriting and motivational.
- Is providing an update on the art project focused on homelessness.
- Contact Roni with how you think you can get your clients or volunteers involved.
- Here for a visit – actual project will happen between May-August.
- Project is a travelling event – probably between 4-6 events total
- Preparation between May and June, events in July and August
- Humanizing folks experiencing homelessness
- Tying project to zoning
- Make people “wake up” and do something about homelessness, not just be a spectator.
- Have a mobile tiny home – video and interviews shown inside.
- Outside mobile tiny home – will have activities and different elements
- Will visit different places in town – some central to homeless communities, others in other location
- Will create videos – need client interested in taking part in these videos
- Will have Nativity House performance group to a presentation. Wednesday, march 21st, will be first meeting to Nativity House at 1pm to talk about the performance piece – open to clients and volunteers and staff. Come take part
- Community conversations – is a bit vague – need to determine what the actual focus of the conversation will be. Looking for conversation about overcoming NIMBY (Not in My Backyard).
- Help running the event – chairs and tables
- Clients and volunteers and staff in videos
- Clients and volunteers and staff in the performance group
- Intern – need one to make the events happen
- Sherri – what type of intern? Roni – productive, coordinating things, organizing things. Main need is production. Some artistic perspective would be beneficial. Can be 2 people, perhaps, if one can do organizing and another brings the artistic side.