SOAR (Social Security Outreach Access to Recovery)
- James Pogue, Comprehensive Life Resources
- SOAR – Social Security Outreach Access to Recovery. (https://soarworks.prainc.com/ )
- People are deputized to know their clientele and to support their client when applying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
- Dawna Bryant – email@example.com - team lead with Comprehensive Life Resources – she is the Pierce County SOAR lead – trying to deputize as many folks as possible. Will get trained with a checklist, forms, how to get access to records.
- Recent case – 100 days to approval – getting benefits 40 days after that (a hushed awe filled the auditorium, followed by scattered clapping, then full on applause and cheering. If Dawna had been here, she would certainly have been carried around the room on folks shoulders. –ed).
- You can be trained yourself – you do lots of the work the social security office does, but prior to submittal.
- 85% success for 1st applications in Pierce County. Real powerful tool –
- Training requires a few sessions over 5 or 6 weeks.