Point in Time Count - https://www.co.pierce.wa.us/4719/Point-In-Time-Count-PIT
- Annual PIT required by HUD & state. Jan 25th. 7am-8pm. At various sites. If you have a location with homeless, let them know and they’ll provide volunteers. Lots of opportunities to be counted. Also 9pm – 2am count. Being homeless during night different from being homeless during the day.
- 15 training opportunities across the county – three times a day. Can expand training, let Valerie/Gerrit know and can respond with trainings. Training is easy. Register at https://www.co.pierce.wa.us/4719/Point-In-Time-Count-PIT
- Buckley included, didn’t know they had services – young adult drop in and freezing nights shelter.
- Three new things this year – although they can’t be reported to HUD, it is information the County can really use.
- Count in Jail
- Count in hospitals
- Doubled up count
- Looking especially for glove, socks, pre-packaged foods. Hope to collect donations early, have 5 donation places around the county. Local organizations can create their own donation spot - keep Valerie posted so she can advertise. Will provide signs. Kelly – can we be a donation site? Valeri – yes.
- Patricia – signs? Valeri – we will work on that.
- Abiodun - how are counters recognized? Signs, buttons, stickers, vests? Valerie will look at use of stickers. This is a zero budget effort.
- McKinney-Vento: Valerie reviews past experiences with data collection and sharing. Right now no students will be counted. McKinney-Vento data access problem – working on some solutions with Building Changes to get data sharing agreement.
- Questions -Washington state law requires annual count. Most other states only do it biannually per Fed requirements. Valeri – that would be nice. Cynthia – this could be one of our legislative agenda items.
- Question – do you need data entry volunteers? Valeri – we could do that, I’ll look into it.
- Martha: advises everyone to sign up asap. https://www.co.pierce.wa.us/4719/Point-In-Time-Count-PIT (So this is the third time I’m including this link – not that I’m trying to push registration.-ed) Easy to do, don’t wait until crunch at last minute.
- Hand count of room showed many interested. Valerie will come here to do a one-hour training. Sign up on-line. https://www.co.pierce.wa.us/4719/Point-In-Time-Count-PIT (ok, forth time now… -ed)